Subject: Re: more on shockwaves
From: "Dimitri Holman" <[email-masked]>
To: "The LightWave mailing list" <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Apr 1996 09:32:01 -0800

4/30/96            9:07 AM

>>The lense flare ring can now be animated!!
>>This is PERFECT for shockwaves. Not only that but the color of the 
>>ring is user definable.

>In this episode there was a shockwave which was produced by a warp core
>exploding.... it looked interesting.

For a killer example of real shock waves point your favorite web search engine
to "Ring Nebula". Shock waves in the visual sense are actually expanding
spherical phenomenon. An example of a "bad" effect was towards the end of
StarGate when "Ra-cum-Alien"'s ship was exploded in near orbit of the planet. 

/dev/null ("the event horizon as far as bit's are concerned")

--- From the LightWave mailing list <[email-masked]> --------
--- This message posted by:  "Dimitri Holman" <[email-masked]>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- For information, send e-mail to:  [email-masked] --------
--- Message should include the phrase INFO LIGHTWAVE on a line by itself ---